Thursday, July 19, 2007

Karma?

 

I don't give to charities, I give to causes. (Make sense?)

Theatre is of course one of them.

Were I in a better position financially I would love to be a full-on producer of The Way Light Strikes Filled Mason Jars. I saw the show at the SFFringe in 2002 and was blown away by it. I gave it 7 out of 5 stars, and lobbied heavily for it to be Best of Fringe.

Now they are taking it to Edinburgh for that Fringe, so I'm telling anyone who'll listen.

Danielle Thys and Nick Sholley are top flight performers, Joe Besecker's script is wonderful and all three deserve a wider audience.

You can read more about the show here (and check out the benefit and auction if you are in the Bay).

Or if you believe in the the Gods of Karmic Theatrical Microfinance you can donate directly here.


To wrap up my shouts out to people who wouldn't remember me if I held a gun to their head:

Congrats to Banana Bag & Bodice on their NY Innovative Theatre award nominations - I want to be Jason Craig when I grow up.

blog comments powered by Disqus