Thursday, December 06, 2007

Calling all Angels

It is the donation seeking season.

I am blessed and cursed to be opening a wonderful show the first weekend of February, forcing me to seek single show funds in the midst of everyone else's fund-raising campaigns.

Please pass this link on the friends wherever possible.

For those of you far from Austin who have never met me or seen any of my work, can I suggest a line of thinking that has influenced my own donating patterns in the past?

If I were in town would this show or this group be worth my ticket money?

This is of course in addition to the personal sacrifice I offer to make below.

Please read on. 


Friends,


As many of you know, in recent months I have set out to form a production company, Cambiare Productions, with my fiancee Megan Reilly and my close friend Will Snider.


We decided to produce an original work, Transformations, for a local festival.


Transformations is a new performance piece, conceived by Megan Reilly, inspired by the poetry of Anne Sexton, that explores the existing and perceived roles of women in society. Emphasizing design as performance, it includes 'Rapunzel', recognized with a Certificate of Excellence in Design as Performance from the United States Institute of Theatre Technology. Fourteen Anne Sexton pieces in total were given to an amazing group of women artists from the Austin area and all over the country, to each make their own, which we would then combine to make a cohesive show.


After work had already begun, fate stepped in. We were not selected to participate in the festival, and instead fell into securing the perfect space for the show, the recently completed home of Salvage Vanguard Theatre.


Unfortunately, as brilliant a stroke of luck as this was, it doubled our projected budget.


So we need your help.


Twenty Dollars.


That's it. We are asking that anyone, who is able, donate $20 toward Transformations.


To help with your decision?


If you donate twenty dollars, I, a pack-a-day smoker these last nine years, will not smoke for one entire day, as guaranteed by my ever vigilant fiancee and my boss.


Even better? For every $10 you donate after that I'll sell you another day of not smoking.


There are a number of ways for you to give:
You can donate via credit card or direct transfer via PayPal on our website.


You can mail cash or a check made out to Travis Bedard at the address below:
3517 North Hills Drive
U204
Austin, TX 78731


If you have a desire to give a larger amount, please contact me. We are in the process of finalizing a non-profit umbrella agreement with the HBMG Foundation Creativity Incubator program, which would make your donation tax deductible.


If you're in the Austin area, please join us for the first two weekends in February.


If you are not, please follow along in our adventure at blog.cambiareproductions.com


We are very excited to be bringing this piece to life, and thank you so much for your support.

 

transformations

blog comments powered by Disqus